Monday, October 20, 2014

On The Vaccine Question

I know this is a hot topic for some of us, but since I haven't mentioned it yet, I figured now was as good a time as any to place it on the table.


It's old news, now, that a high ranking whistleblower at the Centers for Disease Control issued a statement about covering up information about a relationship between autism and the MMR vaccine in Black children.

Without sharing my opinion about it, I simply want to leave the research abstract here so that you can see the information for yourself.

Measles-mumps-rubella vaccination timing and autism among young African American boys: a reanalysis of CDC data.


Just a side note: my older son did receive the vaccine in question, but my younger son did not. I stopped vaccinating my older son when he was 18 months old, and no other child of mine has ever received a vaccine. Does my family's experience validate the findings in this study? I don't know. All I do know is that I have two autism spectrum children, both of them are Black children in America, one of them had vaccines, and one did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment